Points of Interest in Ballston
All points of interest listed below are within walking distance of Ballston-MU Metro station. (Some are closer to Virginia Square-GMU station.) Ballston is also served by several Metrobus routes and ART-Arlington Transit. The Custis and Bluemont Junction trails provide access to Ballston by bicycle. For more information, see Getting Around Ballston.
- Arlington Central Library – 1015 North Quincy St.
- Ballston Common Mall – 4238 Wilson Blvd. 120 stores in the heart of Ballston.
- Ballston Farmers Market - Welburn Square (The Ballston Circle) at the Ballston Metro. May through October.
- Clarenford Station Park – 13th St. & N. Vermont St. Preschool-age playground.
- David M. Brown Planetarium – 426 N. Quincy St. Open for public multimedia programs throughout the school year on Friday and Saturday evenings and Sunday afternoons.
- The Commuter Store, Ballston - located at the Ballston-MU Metro Plaza, (kiosk at top of escalator), 4230 Fairfax Drive. The courteous and knowledgeable staff will assist you in planning the best way for you to travel, whether by bus, rail, carpool, vanpool, or bicycle. Purchase transit fares, Capital Bikeshare memberships, pick up bus schedules and other literature.
- Civitan Open Air Market – N. Quincy and N. 15th Streets (I-66 garage), next to Washington Lee High School. Site of community flea market the first Saturday of each month, April-November. Also an access point for the Custis Trail.
- Lubber Run Park and Community Center - N. Columbus St. & 2nd St. N.
- Marymount University Ballston Center – 1000 N. Glebe Rd. Founded in 1950 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary, Marymount is a comprehensive, coeducational Catholic university. There is a free shuttle for students to travel between Ballston Center and the main campus at 2807 N. Glebe Rd.
- National Science Foundation – 4201 Wilson Blvd. An independent agency of the U.S. Government, established to promote the progress of science; to advance the national health, prosperity, and welfare; and to secure the national defense.
- Quincy Park – 1021 N. Quincy St., adjacent to Central Library.
- Restaurants - click "Search"
- Washington Lee High School, War Memorial Stadium & Track –1300 N. Quincy St.
- Washington Lee Aquatics Center – 1300 N. Quincy St.