Getting Around Columbia Pike
Columbia Pike is a little different from most of the other Urban Villages, in that it's not centered on a Metro station. Rather, the Pike is a major thoroughfare that stretches across south Arlington, from Arlington Cemetery and Fort Myer at the eastern end, all the way into Fairfax County to the west of Arlington. Pike Ride provides frequent and reliable bus service provided by Metrobus and ART-Arlington Transit.
How to go Car Free to Columbia PIke
Pentagon and Pentagon City Metro stations are near the east end of Columbia Pike. Frequent Metrobus and ART-Arlington Transit bus service provide access to these stations from anywhere along the Pike.
Regional bus service for the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. For additional bus routes, see ART-Arlington transit, below.
- Metrobus routes serving Columbia Pike
- CommuterPage.com® Metro system page – news and information about Metrobus, schedules, maps, more.
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) – operators of the Metro system
- General information – 202-637-7000
- Language assistance – 202-939-5566
- Lost & found – 202-962-1195
- Pike Ride – Columbia Pike bus service
ART is Arlington's local bus service. For additional bus service, see Metrobus, above.
- ART routes serving Columbia Pike
- ArlingtonTransit.com – general information, route maps and schedules
- Pike Ride – Columbia Pike bus service
- Bike Access – The W&OD and Four Mile Run Trails both intersect Columbia Pike at Four Mile Run. George Mason Dr., South Irving and South Highland Streets, and South Fillmore St. and Walter Reed Dr. provide good connections to the Arlington Blvd. Trail. George Mason Dr., South Quincy and South Monroe Streets and Walter Reed Dr. provide good connections to areas south of Columbia Pike. South Orme St. and Southgate Rd. provide access to trails around the Pentagon.
- Capital Bikeshare – Columbia Pike has several Capital Bikeshare stations, allowing anyone to pick up a bike for point-to-point travel at any time. These stations make it easy to bike to other Capital Bikeshare stations throughout Arlington County, DC and Alexandria.
- Bike Parking – Bike parking is available at on-street locations along Columbia Pike.
- Bicycling general information
- Countdown lights – special signals facilitate crossing at major intersections, showing pedestrians how many seconds are left before the signal changes
- W&OD and Four Mile Run Trails – access from Four Mile Run Dr. & Columbia Pike. See “Bike Access” above.
- WalkArlington – general information about walking in Arlington
- Zipcar – There are carsharing locations on the eastern end of Columbia Pike
- CommuterPage.com® Carsharing page – news and information about carsharing in the D.C. area
- Blue Top Cab
- Red Top Cab
- CommuterPage.com® Taxicabs page – general information about taxicabs in the Washington, D.C. area
- Arlington's Car-Free Diet Map - Schematic map of Arlington showing bus routes, bike routes, bicycle/pedestrian trails, Metro stations, Capital Bikeshare stations, and more. (PDF, 3.6 MB, Adobe Reader required)
- Car-Free Near Me™ maps transportation facilities near any location you choose in Arlington or the Washington, D.C. area, and provides real-time information for ART and Metrobus stops, Capital Bikeshare stations, and more.
- BikeArlington.com Maps and Rides page – includes a PDF version of the Arlington County Bike Map.
- Metrobus schedules and maps (CommuterPage.com)
- Metro's Maps page
- CarFreeAtoZ gives you all your transit, walk and bike options, including Capital Bikeshare, for the region. This multi-modal trip planning and comparison tool gives you turn-by-turn directions, travel times, costs and calories burned, as well as trips that combine more than one option.
- Use Metro's Trip Planner to find out how to get where you want to go in the Washington, D.C. area, using Metrobus and rail and local bus systems. The Trip Planner asks you where you're starting and when and where you want to go. Then it finds the best way for you to get there using the Metro system and local bus systems.
- CarFreeNearMe tells you what routes are near you and when the next bus or train will arrive. Just plug in an address or use your location to see all the options nearby.