Getting Around Shirlington
- What transportation benefits are available in my building?
Does your Arlington apartment or office building offer bike storage, SmarTrip cards, or other benefits? Find out here.
This urban village is served by several Metrobus routes, all connecting to the nearby Pentagon City and Crystal City Metro stations. Bicyclists can get in and out of Shirlington via the W&OD Trail and the Four Mile Run Trail, and use on-street trails and bike lanes within the neighborhood. Scroll down or choose a link below for more information about getting around Shirlington.
Regional bus service for the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. For additional bus service, see ART, below.
- Metrobus routes serving Shirlington
- Shirlington Bus Station
- CommuterPage.com® Metro system page – news and information about Metrobus, schedules and maps, more
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) – operators of the Metro system
ART is Arlington's local bus service. For additional bus service, see Metrobus, above.
- ART Routes serving Shirlington
- Shirlington Bus Station
- ArlingtonTransit.com – general information, route maps and schedules
- Bike Access – Both the Washington and Old Dominion (W&OD) and Four Mile Run Trails provide access to the Shirlington area, with many access points. A trail parallel to Walter Reed Dr. provides access from Alexandria and Route 7. A pedestrian/bike bridge over I-395 provides a connection to Quaker Lane. 31st St. South provides a connection to Fairlington.
- Bike Parking – On-street bike parking is available along 28th St. South.
- Bicycling General Information
- W&OD and Four Mile Trails – See “Bike Access” above.
- Blue Top Cab
- Red Top Cab
- CommuterPage.com® Taxicabs page – general information about taxicabs in the Washington, D.C. area
- Zipcar has cars in Shirlington
- CommuterPage.com® Carsharing page – news and information about carsharing in the D.C. area
- Arlington Transit Options Map (PDF, 5.6 MB, Adobe Reader required)
- BikeArlington.com Maps and Rides page – includes a PDF version of the Arlington County Bike Map.
- Metrobus schedules and maps (CommuterPage.com)
- Metrorail system map (WMATA)
CarFreeAtoZ gives you all your transit, walk and bike options for the region. This multi-modal trip planning and comparison tool gives you turn-by-turn directions, travel times, costs and calories burned.
Use Metro's Trip Planner to find out how to get where you want to go in the Washington, D.C. area, using Metrobus and rail and local bus systems. The Trip Planner asks you where you're starting and when and where you want to go. Then it finds the best way for you to get there using the Metro system and local bus systems.
- CommuterPage.com® – Easy commutes begin here.®
- CommuterDirect.com® – Purchase transit fares online.
- The Commuter Store® - Brick-and-mortar stores with four Arlington locations and a Mobile Commuter Store.
- Shirlington location - Shirlington Bus Station, 2975 S. Quincy St., near the intersection of S. Randolph St. and 31st St., next to Shirley Hwy. (I-395).
- Hours: Monday - Friday, 10:00 am - 7:00 pm