How to get to the Rosslyn Jazz Festival – 2014August 25, 2014
The Rosslyn Business Improvement District will host the 24th Annual Rosslyn Jazz Festival on Saturday, September 6, from 1pm until 7pm, at Gateway Park.
This year’s Jazz Fest will include performances by the Corey Wallace DUBtet, Ghost Train Orchestra, Red Baraat and Rebirth Brass Band.
In addition to great jazz, there will be a mix of local food trucks and fashion trucks . . . Street Boutique and The Thread Truck. And the Washington wine Academy will offer beer and wine for sale.
The Rosslyn Jazz Festival will be held at Gateway Park, located at North Fort Myer Driver, at the Custis Memorial Parkway.
The streets around Gateway Park will be closed from 7am until 8pm the day of the festival. Why not consider taking transit or bicycling to the Festival this year?
There are many way to get to the Rosslyn Jazz Festival without a car. Here are a few:
- The Rosslyn Metro Station, with Orange, Blue and Silver Lines, is only a 5-minute walk from Gateway Park
- Metrobus 3A runs from Rosslyn, south through East Falls Church to Patriot Drive & Americana Drive
- Metrobus 4A and 4B have service from Rosslyn to Seven Corner Transit Center
- The Metrobus 5A has only four stops along its route: L'Enfant Plaza, Rosslyn, Herndon-Monroe Park & Ride Lot and Dulles Airport
- Metrobus 38B runs from Ballston to Farragut North
- If you’re bicycling to the Festival, from the west, take the Custis Trail, or from the east, the Mt. Vernon Trail. It’s only a short ride south on Fort Myer Drive to the park. Riding Capital Bikeshare? There is a station located only 2 blocks south of Gateway Park, at North Lynn Street and 19th Street North.
And during the Festival, be sure to stop by the Car-Free Diet tent. Spin the Transit Trivia Wheel for a chance to win some fun prizes and find out more information on how easy it is to get around Arlington by walking, biking and using transit.
If this video was helpful, please give it a thumbs up and subscribe to the Car-Free Diet channel!
Other Car-Free Resources for Arlington, Virginia:
Arlington “Transit How-To-Guide”
CommuterPage.com - Transportation options for the D.C. area
Local Arlington County Bus Service – ART
Virginia Railway Express
SmarTrip – An Easy Way to Pay
Thanks for watching!
For more sharing tools, click "Share" at the top of the page.
About User Comments
Comments submitted using the "Post a Comment" form will appear after approval. If you have a comment or question, but do not want it to be published, please contact us.