- Metrorail is the region's subway/rail system. Arlington has 11 stations on Metrorail's Orange, Blue, and Yellow lines.
- Metrobus is the DC area's regional bus system, and operates more than 20 routes on Arlington's main streets.
- ART - Arlington Transit is Arlington's local bus system. ART connects Arlington neighborhoods to each other and to Metrorail using environmentally-friendly, compressed natural gas vehicles.
- Walking infrastructure in Arlington includes wide sidewalks, miles of multi-use trails, and countdown signals at many intersections, so pedestrians know how much time they have to cross.
- Bicycling is a healthy, inexpensive and environmentally responsible way to go. And in Arlington, it's easy too.
- Bikesharing is public transportation using bicycles. In Arlington, bikesharing is Capital Bikeshare, a joint program of Arlington, the District of Columbia, Alexandria, and Montgomery County.
- Carsharing gives you the use of a car when you need it, without the hassle and expense of owning a car. Zipcar has cars available to members in several Arlington neighborhoods.
- Taxicabs are a great option to have available when you're car-free, or when you use a carpool or transit for your commute but need to make a quick trip during the day.
Arlington's Car-Free Diet Map (PDF)
Schematic map of Arlington showing bus routes, bike routes, bicycle/pedestrian trails, Metro stations, Capital Bikeshare stations, and more. PDF, 5.8 MB, Adobe Reader required. Click the link or thumbnail image below.