Car-Free Transportation Options
Transit Service Alerts
- Due to construction, express shuttles operate btwn Huntington & Pentagon, weekdays 4:30am to 9pm & weekends 6:30am to 9pm.
- Due to construction, express shuttles operate btwn Franconia and Pentagon, weekdays 4:30am to 9pm & weekends 6:30am to 9pm.
- Thru closing Oct 22, Huntington, Eisenhower Ave, King St & Braddock Rd are closed due to major construction.
- No Yellow Line train service due to major construction. Use shuttles, Blue or Green Line as alternates. Info: wmata.com
- Thru Oct 22, buses replace trains btwn Huntington & Crystal City due to major construction. Info: wmata.com.
- Due to construction, trains operate btwn Nat'l Airport & Largo w/ add'l Blu Line trains every 7-9 mins btwn & Nat'l Airport & New Carrollton
- Thru Sat, Oct 22, Franconia, Van Dorn St, Braddock Rd & King St are closed due to major construction.
- Thru closing Sat, Oct 22, buses replace trains btwn Franconia & Nat'l Airport due to major construction. Info: wmata.com
There are no reported ART disruptions at this time.
There are no reported disruptions on Metrobus routes in Arlington at this time.
There are no reported DC Circulator disruptions at this time.
- VRE News: Fare Free September Ends Today! (Zone 1 to 3 commuters will continue to Ride for Free for the Month of October). - Fare Free September Ends Today! (Zone 1 to 3 commuters will continue to Ride for Free for the Month of October). Thanks again to all those riders that have been with us for the long haul, we hope fare free September helped to show our appreciation. Also, thank you to those new riders over the last month who may have tried our service for the first time. We hope some of you continue to ride. Beginning Monday, October 3, tickets will be required once again. Those whose trips begin and end in zones 3 to 1, however, will be the exception. As the Yellow line Metro is still going through renovations, we will continue to accommodate the traveling public who would normally use this Metro service by offering free rides between Franconia/Springfield or Backlick Road to Union Station DC and in between. For those that wish to continue riding VRE trains, download our mobile app to purchase any ticket you need and sign up for our alert messages for VRE news and information (https://member.everbridge.net/index/431700047822913#/signup). If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 703-684-1001. Note: Updates are not typically available for delays under 10 minutes as time is often made up en route. Questions? Contact email@example.com or call 703.684.1001. Automated Service Information:1-800-RIDE-VRE