Getting Around Clarendon
Clarendon Metro station, on Metrorail's Orange and Silver lines, is in the center of Clarendon's shopping area. Metrobus and ART routes also serve the neighborhood. The Arlington Boulevard Trail provides bicycle access, and on-street bike lanes make it easy to bike around this urban village. Scroll down or choose a link below for more information about getting around Clarendon.
Regional rail service for the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area.
- Clarendon station, on the Orange and Silver lines. Highland St., between Wilson & Clarendon Blvds. Elevator (handicapped access): Clarendon Park, next to Clarendon Metro station, between Wilson & Clarendon Blvds.
- CommuterPage.com® Metro system page – news and information about Metrorail and Metrobus
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) – operators of the Metro system
Regional bus service for the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. For additional bus routes, see ART, below.
- Metrobus routes serving Clarendon
- CommuterPage.com® Metro System page – news and information about Metrobus and Metrorail, schedules and maps, more
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA), operators of the Metro system
ART is Arlington's local bus service. For additional bus service, see Metrobus, above.
- ART Routes serving Clarendon
- ArlingtonTransit.com – general information, route maps and schedules
- Bike Facilities – Clarendon and Wilson Boulevards both have bike lanes through Clarendon, providing connections to Courthouse and Virginia Square. Bike lanes on Fairfax Drive and Kirkwood Road link Clarendon to Ballston and the Custis Trail. Highland Street provides a good connection to the Arlington Boulevard Trail.
- Bike Parking – Bike parking is available at the Clarendon Metro Station, in the parking garage at the Market Common Clarendon and at on-street locations throughout Clarendon.
- Capital Bikeshare - There are Capital Bikeshare stations along Wilson and Clarendon Boulevards and 10th Street N.
- Bicycling general information
- Custis Trail – see “Bike Access” above.
- WalkArlington – general information about walking in Arlington
- car2go - "Free-floating" car-sharing, without fixed parking spots, in Arlington and Washington D.C.
- Zipcar – Car sharing locations in Clarendon and throughout the Ballston-Rosslyn corridor
- Car-sharing at Metro stations – information about WMATA's partnership with Zipcar to provide car sharing
- CommuterPage.com® Car-sharing page – information about carsharing in the D.C. area
- Blue Top Cab
- Red Top Cab
- CommuterPage.com® Taxicabs page – information about taxicabs in the Washington, D.C. area
- Arlington's Car-Free Diet Map - Map of Arlington showing bus routes, bike routes, bicycle/pedestrian trails, Metro stations, Capital Bikeshare stations, and more. (PDF, 1.8 MB, Adobe Reader required.)
- Car-Free Near Me™ maps transportation facilities near any location you choose in Arlington or the Washington, D.C. area, and provides real-time information for ART and Metrobus stops, Capital Bikeshare stations, and more.
- BikeArlington.com Maps and Rides page – includes a PDF version of the Arlington County Bike Map.
- Metrobus schedules and maps (CommuterPage.com)
- Metro's Maps page
- CarFreeAtoZ gives you all your transit, walk and bike options, including Capital Bikeshare, for the region. This multi-modal trip planning and comparison tool gives you turn-by-turn directions, travel times, costs and calories burned, as well as trips that combine more than one option.
- Use Metro's Trip Planner to find out how to get where you want to go in the Washington, D.C. area, using Metrobus and rail and local bus systems. The Trip Planner asks you where you're starting and when and where you want to go. Then it finds the best way for you to get there using the Metro system and local bus systems.
- Car-Free Near Me tells you what routes are near you and when the next bus or train will arrive. Just plug in an address or use your location to see all the options nearby.
- CommuterPage.com® – Easy commutes begin here®.
- CommuterDirect.com® – Purchase transit fares online.
- The Commuter Store® - Brick-and-mortar stores with four Arlington locations and a Mobile Commuter Store.